8 finger tapping

Forums Guitars, Gear, Software & Education 8 finger tapping

Mosjem

Any good 8 finger tapping lessons? In the style of Daniele Gottardo possibly?

I tried to use the search function but I’m too stupid to figure out how it works…:mad::(

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • Replies
    Mosjem

My youtube account…..

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcsdds

Some crappy vids there but I leave them up to remind me of my progres…..:D

I also leave them up because some of the original takes on there I’ll forget if for any reason I want to go back and add to them etc……The earlier vids I didn’t know how to record the audio and video separate so the sound kind of blows. šŸ˜€

@Mosjem 7971 wrote:

My youtube account…..

http://www.youtube.com/user/lcsdds

Some crappy vids there but I leave them up to remind me of my progres…..:D

I also leave them up because some of the original takes on there I’ll forget if for any reason I want to go back and add to them etc……The earlier vids I didn’t know how to record the audio and video separate so the sound kind of blows. šŸ˜€

Nice playing!
    I still dont know how to separate the audio and the video :p

Mosjem

@Alejandro Osorno 7972 wrote:

Nice playing!
    I still dont know how to separate the audio and the video :p

Can you record your guitar separately Alejandro? Do you have any recording software?

@Mosjem 7973 wrote:

Can you record your guitar separately Alejandro? Do you have any recording software?

Right now I cant šŸ™
    I saved some money and I am buying a line 6 POD or a Boss gt-10 and cubease.
    Will this do the work?

Mosjem

@Alejandro Osorno 7974 wrote:

Right now I cant šŸ™
    I saved some money and I am buying a line 6 POD or a Boss gt-10 and cubease.
    Will this do the work?

Yup…..that’ll work just fine. When you get them you will be able to record separately and then sync up the audio with your video.:cool:

@Mosjem 7975 wrote:

Yup…..that’ll work just fine. When you get them you will be able to record separately and then sync up the audio with your video.:cool:

So basically I first put the audio in cubease and then I tape myself playing with no volume?

Mosjem

@Alejandro Osorno 7976 wrote:

So basically I first put the audio in cubease and then I tape myself playing with no volume?

No….you record yourself while playing at the same time. You will be able to hear what you are playing either using headphones or monitors. Your camera will pick up the audio as well. Then you extract the audio from your video using a software program and then import the recorded audio into the software program and sync it up with your video. It’s pretty simple once you get the stuff to do it.:D

@Mosjem 7970 wrote:

Jack….how much does a 15 year old kid get to practice every day. I’m probably gonna cry when you tell me the answer……:(

I’m lucky if I get 2 hours daily…..just gotta be super efficient and not get distracted.:D

To be honest i don’t practice as much as you’d think! I pick it up whenever i feel like playing, or i watch something that makes me think ‘i wanna play that’. Some days it’s literally for like an hour. Others it can be 5+ (now that i’ve finished my GCSE’s).
    But for example today, i’ve left my guitar in the girlfriend’s house, so i wont get any practice at all šŸ™
    I find practicing when you want/need to is much more efficient than practicing for so many hours a day. It just burns you out!
    2 hours a day is great though. I’d say on the days when i do pick up my guitar, that’s about the average time i’ll play for! šŸ™‚
    Now with my endorsement with Mayones and Blackhawk Music, i suppose i best get practicing though! I’ve got 8 weeks till my guitar comes now! šŸ˜€

Mosjem

Hey Jack…..Have you seen those fusion jams on bluestracks by Daniele? I’m gonna get those as well just so I can steal some more of his two handed stuff.:D His playing is a lot like mine in that I don’t alternate pick much. I prefer legato and tapping…….That’s where the similarities end though….:D:eek:

@Mosjem 7980 wrote:

Hey Jack…..Have you seen those fusion jams on bluestracks by Daniele? I’m gonna get those as well just so I can steal some more of his two handed stuff.:D His playing is a lot like mine in that I don’t alternate pick much. I prefer legato and tapping…….That’s where the similarities end though….:D:eek:

You mean the funk fusion?
    I have them, Its really fun to jam with and to steal the licks šŸ˜€

@Mosjem 7978 wrote:

No….you record yourself while playing at the same time. You will be able to hear what you are playing either using headphones or monitors. Your camera will pick up the audio as well. Then you extract the audio from your video using a software program and then import the recorded audio into the software program and sync it up with your video. It’s pretty simple once you get the stuff to do it.:D

Thanks!

Aye! I study Daniele’s stuff a hell of a lot. But i’m just a sad git šŸ˜›
    Yes!! I’d suggest doing so! They’re very interesting.
    About alt picking i don’t do it much either. That’s why i found Andromeda quite a pain in the arse to play! Legato is a much smoother sound, but i’ve come to realise for clarity it’s best to alt pick things. Daniele does it in a few of his videos! He’s pretty damn good at it too! In his Trilogy Suite Op.5 cover, you can see him using it.

Haha, i checked out your videos man and you’ve got a nice smooth technique! I can see what you mean about the similarities! It’s very good! Keep it up with the 2 handed work and i’m sure you’ll get there mate!

@Jack Gardiner 7983 wrote:

Aye! I study Daniele’s stuff a hell of a lot. But i’m just a sad git šŸ˜›
    Yes!! I’d suggest doing so! They’re very interesting.
    About alt picking i don’t do it much either. That’s why i found Andromeda quite a pain in the arse to play! Legato is a much smoother sound, but i’ve come to realise for clarity it’s best to alt pick things. Daniele does it in a few of his videos! He’s pretty damn good at it too! In his Trilogy Suite Op.5 cover, you can see him using it.

Haha, i checked out your videos man and you’ve got a nice smooth technique! I can see what you mean about the similarities! It’s very good! Keep it up with the 2 handed work and i’m sure you’ll get there mate!

I am with you.
    legato sounds more elegant and smooth, I prefer it.
    Hey I have one question jack…
    Your endorsement didn’t habe nothing to do with the rob chappers competition right?

Nopes! It was when i went to LIMS. After meeting up with a few of the finalists and co. of Guitar Idol, i vistited the Mayones/Rash/Blackhawk Music guitar stand. I was trying a Mayones guitar, and the Marco Sfogli signature Rash guitar, when they were asking me about my interest in endorsement deals with their companies. Both companies told me they’d be in touch over the following week. Rash said i was too young, but Mayones were more than happy to take me on as an official endorsee! I get my own kind of custom/signature guitar (A Setius Pro 6, with Dimarzio Air Nortons, and an inlay ‘Jack G.’ on the 12th fret’). When i finally get it, i’ll post a demo video. Believe me Rash and Mayones guitars are simply beautiful. I hope i wont regret saying this, but i’m happy to move on from Ibanez! šŸ™‚

@Jack Gardiner 7985 wrote:

Nopes! It was when i went to LIMS. After meeting up with a few of the finalists and co. of Guitar Idol, i vistited the Mayones/Rash/Blackhawk Music guitar stand. I was trying a Mayones guitar, and the Marco Sfogli signature Rash guitar, when they were asking me about my interest in endorsement deals with their companies. Both companies told me they’d be in touch over the following week. Rash said i was too young, but Mayones were more than happy to take me on as an official endorsee! I get my own kind of custom/signature guitar (A Setius Pro 6, with Dimarzio Air Nortons, and an inlay ‘Jack G.’ on the 12th fret’). When i finally get it, i’ll post a demo video. Believe me Rash and Mayones guitars are simply beautiful. I hope i wont regret saying this, but i’m happy to move on from Ibanez! šŸ™‚

Respect dude!
    I hope one day I can get endorsed.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.