8 finger tapping

Forums Guitars, Gear, Software & Education 8 finger tapping

Mosjem

Any good 8 finger tapping lessons? In the style of Daniele Gottardo possibly?

I tried to use the search function but I’m too stupid to figure out how it works…:mad::(

Viewing 11 replies - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Replies
    Mosjem

@Alejandro Osorno 7986 wrote:

Respect dude!
    I hope one day I can get endorsed.

I just hope one day I can play my damn guitar…..:D

I’ve been working hard on my alternate picking for about 6 months or so now and it is progressing nicely…..it’s still light years behind my legato though. I’ll keep working. I plan on studying Daniele’s playing A LOT this next year or so. I really like his playing……and the two handed stuff is just unreal. He makes it look so effortless.

Congrats on your endorsement Jack…..It’s gonna be fun to watch your career progress. You have a great future in front of you…..;)

Ahahah ;’) Ahh i’ve seen your videos man! Brilliant playing! šŸ™‚

My alternate picking sucks. I badly need to work on it! I seriously advise studying him! Very arpeggio-based, but it really helps/ed me! I just need to get my own sound now šŸ™

Thankyou very much my friend! It is honourable to hear such kind words from you mate!
    Let me know if you get stuck with the 8 finger stuff! šŸ™‚
    Cheers again.
    Jack

JeanDo

@Jack Gardiner 7985 wrote:

Nopes! It was when i went to LIMS. After meeting up with a few of the finalists and co. of Guitar Idol, i vistited the Mayones/Rash/Blackhawk Music guitar stand. I was trying a Mayones guitar, and the Marco Sfogli signature Rash guitar, when they were asking me about my interest in endorsement deals with their companies. Both companies told me they’d be in touch over the following week. Rash said i was too young, but Mayones were more than happy to take me on as an official endorsee! I get my own kind of custom/signature guitar (A Setius Pro 6, with Dimarzio Air Nortons, and an inlay ‘Jack G.’ on the 12th fret’). When i finally get it, i’ll post a demo video. Believe me Rash and Mayones guitars are simply beautiful. I hope i wont regret saying this, but i’m happy to move on from Ibanez! šŸ™‚

Wow , I didn t know that!Congratulations Jack!Great news! šŸ™‚

billmeedog

@Mosjem 7987 wrote:

I just hope one day I can play my damn guitar…

I’ve been working hard on my alternate picking for about 6 months or so now and it is progressing nicely…..it’s still light years behind my legato though. I’ll keep working. I plan on studying Daniele’s playing A LOT this next year or so. I really like his playing……and the two handed stuff is just unreal. He makes it look so effortless.

Congrats on your endorsement Jack…..It’s gonna be fun to watch your career progress. You have a great future in front of you…..

Hey Mosjem, šŸ™‚

You crack me up bro! šŸ˜€ I just hope one day I can play my guitars too!!! (LOL!) šŸ˜® Anyways, it seems like you and I have a lot in common these days. I wish you the best in your progress! šŸ˜Ž

BTW, I’m impressed by the “action” in this particular thread! I guess I’m NOT too surprised, because I’ve been raving about Daniele Gottardo’s playing for quite a while now! šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜Ž

Oh…and as far as Danilele’s ability to alternate pick in his own style…I’ve wondered about that too, but I can assure you, his NOT alternate-picking much in his original music is purely “by choice,” not out of necessity or a lack of ability to alternate pick! (Trust me on this!) Just go check out a couple of Daniele’s videos: one is (as Jack Gardiner said) his rendition of Yngwie’s “Trilogy:Opus Suite” and the other video is Daniele shredding some “in-the-style-of” Paul Gilbert licks! There ain’t no deficiency in his alternate-picking when he can easily bust-out Yngwie’s and Paul Gilbert’s stuff!!! (LOL!) Personally, I’d love to see him incorporate a bit more “staccato/alt.-picking” into his originals, but I can understand why he’s taking the two-handed thing so far. After all, he is amazing at it, and (I think) he’s taking it to a level that has NEVER been attained! Still though, I think he’d impress the masses even more than he does, if he could figure out a way to seamlessly integrate some of that machine-gun staccato stuff into his already otherworldly/absolutely-frightening legato chops! Like for example, I really like the balance Guthrie Govan delivers when he plays! He mixes up these extreme techniques wonderfully IMO! šŸ˜Ž

Also, I too am looking forward to watching the progress of the “young-guns'” careers (such as Jack Gardiner, Lyle Watt, even Gotty is still pretty young ya know!) They all seem like such nice-kids/well-adjusted, humble/polite and respectful! That’s as impressive to me as their considerable chops/abilty! I’d say kudos to them as individuals and certainly to their parents/famillies for doing such apparently great jobs at raising/nurturing these talents! šŸ˜‰

…Just thinking out loud here! šŸ˜®

~Bill Meehan~ šŸ˜€

Mosjem

Yeah Bill…..I figured that Danielle not using AP was a choice. It’s funny because one of the reasons that I never developed any AP chops earlier was because I spent my earlier guitar playing years learning Satch, Vai, Van Halen and Vito Bratta licks. Pretty much all tapping and legato. I never got into Yngwie or Paul Gilbert……still don’t care for them much but I do respect their abilities. Now I am really working hard on my AP chops and it’s coming along nicely. The 8 finger stuff is just so cool though. It’s gonna be awhile until I can use it but guitar is a journey anyways…..on that will never end. I always thought I wanted to be in a band until I got older and found out I am old and grumpy and just want to play my own stuff. :D:cool:

I seem to gravitate towards legato players. Andy James is another one of my favorite players. Awesome legato player…..I used him as an excuse not to work on my AP for quite awhile. Then he came out with a youtube video where he did all this CRAZY AP stuff……really kind of pissed me off….:D I’ve decided I need to work on it. I’ll get there…..guitar is a constant work in progress but I like it that way. One more reason to get out of bed in the morning. Keep rocking Bill……m/m/

billmeedog

@Mosjem 8055 wrote:

Yeah Bill…..I figured that Danielle not using AP was a choice. It’s funny because one of the reasons that I never developed any AP chops earlier was because I spent my earlier guitar playing years learning Satch, Vai, Van Halen and Vito Bratta licks. Pretty much all tapping and legato. I never got into Yngwie or Paul Gilbert……still don’t care for them much but I do respect their abilities. Now I am really working hard on my AP chops and it’s coming along nicely. The 8 finger stuff is just so cool though. It’s gonna be awhile until I can use it but guitar is a journey anyways…..on that will never end. I always thought I wanted to be in a band until I got older and found out I am old and grumpy and just want to play my own stuff. :D:cool:

I seem to gravitate towards legato players. Andy James is another one of my favorite players. Awesome legato player…..I used him as an excuse not to work on my AP for quite awhile. Then he came out with a youtube video where he did all this CRAZY AP stuff……really kind of pissed me off….:D I’ve decided I need to work on it. I’ll get there…..guitar is a constant work in progress but I like it that way. One more reason to get out of bed in the morning. Keep rocking Bill……m/m/

Hey Mosjem, šŸ™‚
    Amen bro. Pefectly expressed. šŸ˜Ž I couldn’t agree more! (Except that I love Yngwie Malmsteen and Paul Gilbert…especially their string-bends & vibrato!!! – aggressive, yet sexy!– LOL!) :p Interestingly enough, they both incorporate liberal amounts of legato too though! šŸ˜‰

~Bill Meehan~ šŸ˜€

Again i can’t thank you two enough for the compliments in these replies. But i was thinking i may do a few lessons on my 8 finger licks (the ones in my PetrucciFever video). If you guys are interested at all? šŸ™‚

Mosjem

@Jack Gardiner 8088 wrote:

Again i can’t thank you two enough for the compliments in these replies. But i was thinking i may do a few lessons on my 8 finger licks (the ones in my PetrucciFever video). If you guys are interested at all? šŸ™‚

I’d be interested. I need help on it all…..:D

@Jack Gardiner 8088 wrote:

Cool man!
    I am very intrested =)

Okies guys, well when the competitions been judged i’ll start work on it! Maybe do it as an instructional lesson!

billmeedog

@Jack Gardiner 8095 wrote:

Okies guys, well when the competitions been judged i’ll start work on it! Maybe do it as an instructional lesson!

Hey Jack, šŸ™‚

First of all, I think we’d all be absolutely interested to learn about your approach to “octadigital-doodling”….err..uhmm…8-finger tapping!!! (LOL!) šŸ˜‰ Even though you’re almost 3 times younger than me,:o I’ve never had age-bias in either direction (young or old!) In my opinion, music is the ultimate equal-opportunity art-form! It’s color-blind. It knows no age limits (after all, your Ibanez does not know how old it’s owner is! Only that you can play the crap out of it, and that’s a fact, JACK!) It’s also not chauvanistic as it knows NOT what sex is playing it! (To that end, check out my teacher, and good friend’s sister (20-year-old Nili Brosh!) ripping-up the likes of Guthrie Govan and Andy Timmons on her YouTube-Channel: niliwafers.

BTW, my teacher (and Nili’s brother) is Ethan Brosh, and he’s AWESOME too!!! My point is that if you close your eyes, it’s ONLY about the music! Cool stuff to ponder IMO! šŸ˜‰

So Jack, my long-winded (as usual! :o) answer is: YES…Teach us! šŸ˜Ž

~Bill Meehan~ šŸ˜€

Viewing 11 replies - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.